The rise of the SMSF
The popularity of self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) has grown steadily in the last decade.
Because being able to take control of your own superannuation is attractive to many people. But understanding the regulated environment in which SMSFs operate can be a challenge.
At First Financial you will receive a complete end-to-end SMSF service. We will guide you through all your legal and accounting obligations.
Ongoing SMSF administration service
Our SMSF administration service includes the preparation of all financial statements, SMSF annual return and GST return, along with lodgement requirements associated with the compliance obligations.
We also provide assistance with the fund’s investment strategy, minutes of trustee meetings, fund audit and liaison with the Australian Taxation Office.
Our SMSF services are unique, in that we manage the entire process in-house. Many other financial planning firms can’t offer an SMSF service because they are product providers.
The First Financial SMSF service includes:
- Fixed fee for services provided
- Timely, accurate and compliant financial reports
- Preparation of financial statements and reports
- Preparation and lodgement of income tax returns
- Arranging an independent audit
- Pension calculations
- Actuarial certificate (if required)
- Assistance with the preparation of all required minutes
- Preparation of annual PAYG payment summary – (if under 60 years of age)
- Business Activity Statements/Instalment Activity Statements
- Mail house service
- Maintenance of records of all fund investments including sales and purchases for capital gains tax purposes
- Benefit payment processing compliance and ATO reporting
We also provide assistance with new fund establishments, including:
- Trust deeds
- Trustee consent forms and minutes
- Member applications
- Binding death nomination forms
Why choose us for your SMSF management?
First Financial advisers have been working with clients with SMSFs for over 15 years. We understand that most people don’t have the time or expertise to run their own SMSF.
The superannuation laws are complex, and investing in the market can be daunting. We help our clients ensure their funds are legally compliant and help them make smart decisions with their investments.
Let First Financial set up, or take over, the management, reporting and processing requirements of your SMSF today.